Trainee Transport Planner/ Dispatch Clerk
We have a great opportunity if you’re looking to start a career in transport!
Our client based in Harwich is a medium-sized, innovative group of companies in the areas of freight, logistics and solutions.
For their dynamically growing company, they are looking for a Transport Planner/ Dispatch Clerk at their office in Harwich.
They organise various trailers from Felixtowe and Purfleet and are looking to train someone enthusiastic to plan transport.
This role is from Monday to Friday.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule transports (partial and full loads) in your own area of responsibility.
- Convert freight inquiries and offers from their customers into economical route planning and ensure the efficient use of their own and third-party vehicles.
- Calculate freight rates and negotiate freight prices independently.
- Speak to international customers, freight forwarders, drivers and foreign partner forwarding companies and are available to give them advice and support over the phone.
- Keep an eye on your transport with the help of the latest route planning software.
Fluency in English and good customer service skills are essential for this role